This weeks’ post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish has a distinctly American flavour to it….here goes!
1. Log fires – the only (literally!) way to keep warm this winter.
2. Feedly – the pending death of Google Reader frightened the bejesus out of me. Although not perfect, thank goodness there is still out there to organise my chaotic mind.
3. Fingerless gloves – warm hands yet, can I use my phone/get into my purse/prize the cork out of a bottle of wine with them on? Yes I can!
4. My local pub – tasty ale, helpful landlord and scrummy, cheesy food.
5. Charles Dickens – Chilly, atmospheric Victorian drama. I really do need to squeeze another one into my winter reading.
6. Christmas-themed coffee cups – does this make my morning latte taste better? Hoah yes! (I’m so easily pleased)
7. Book clubs – thanks to my brilliant little group (now one and a half years young!) I can now share my bookish thoughts in the comfort of a nice warm pub on a monthly basis
8. Paul Gallico – Lovely, lovely, lovely
9. Salvage Hunters – if not reading, the perfect way to while away an afternoon is undoubtedly watching Drew Pritchard buy quirky antiques and lusting after them accordingly.
10. Book bloggers – the online bookish community has transformed my life and restored my literary karma over the past few years. I thank you all.
Turkeys by Boston Public Library via Flickr